Also known as Coenzyme B12, Cobamamide, and Adenosylcobalamin, dibencozide is a coenzyme and one of the active forms of vitamin B12. It has been marketed by some supplement companies that it helps the body process protein and increases muscle mass and strength.
Athletic Benefits of Dibencozide:
The potential benefits of dibencozide in athletes are:
- Helps with protein synthesis.
- May augment muscle mass and power.
- Improves energy and endurance levels.
- Promotes mental alertness.
- May improve athletic performance in strength and endurance athletes.
Non - Athletic Benefits of Dibencozide:
Dibencozide may be useful in the following conditions (see also “Vitamin B12” under the section of “Vitamins”):
- Pernicious anemia.
- B12 deficiency.
- Chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Poor appetite.
- Panic attacks.
- Male infertility.
Dosage and Interactions:
Dibencozide is taken 10 – 20 mg per day, orally or sublingually, between meals or about 30 minutes before exercise. The following supplements and medications may interfere with the absorption of dibencozide:
- Potassium supplements.
- Antibiotics: chloramphenicol, neomycin, and metronidazole.
- Anti – epileptics: phenytoin and phenobarbital.